Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Why this blog?

Well, three reasons. One, I have a lot of friends and family that live in distant corners of the U.S., and some of them may want to know what's going on with our family from time to time. Two, I have a little boy who has autism, and this blog is an opportunity to get good information to the people I care about (Jenny McCarthy, thank you for raising awareness, but we need some science behind the hype). And three, sometimes when you're trying to raise a child with autism, you just need a forum to throw your madness out to the world, even if no one is listening.

I opted for the blog route rather than MySpace or FaceBook because I wanted everyone to be able to view it easily without having to sign up for a service they might not want. Because this blog is public, though, I will try to keep identifying details private--I'll use first names only, for instance. Let me know if it's working for you.

That's my raison d'etre--for those of you who view this blog but don't know my family personally, I hope you get something good out of it.

No comments: