Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spa Day

When you can swing a spa day, there is no downside. Well, that's not entirely true--it costs time. Time to do nothing. And there's money, if you're going to a spa. Lots of money, depending on what you do.

But today, I needed a spa day, because yesterday I spent three hours at the hospital with my daughter while she was having dental work done. (She's just fine, by the way. She now has a silver crown on one of her baby teeth and looks quite piratical if you look at her back teeth.) So I made it happen.

Since I can make time more easily than money, I did a home spa day. And since we now have a working jetted tub, a home spa day can be pretty nice. However, my home did not start out very spa-like today, so the first order of business was cleaning everything up, buying groceries (cucumbers, yogurt, salad, etc.), and setting up the "spa." The good thing is that spas always have lots of rooms with closed doors, so I could just close all the rooms that I didn't need to access.

I ended up spending about the same amount of time preparing the spa as I did enjoying it. "Mrs. Weber's Spa" only has one attendant, after all. DIY pedicures are never as good as professional ones (if only because of the positions you have to get in to reach your toes). On the plus side, I could wander around in booties, gloves, and towel (or less) without feeling at all awkward.

The moral of the story, I think, is that I needed to be my own attendant today. And as much as I enjoy being waited on by other people, waiting on myself is its own reward.

Well, spa day is over, and my house is a madhouse (albeit a cleaner madhouse) again.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Good for you. You totally deserve it. :)