Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update on, well, everything

I thought for sure I hadn't posted anything in almost a year--turns out it has only been six months! Yay for me. I figured I should provide a little update on what's going on in our lives, autism-wise and otherwise, so here's a short summary.
  • We're all healthy, no more or less wealthy, and surprisingly wise.
  • Cassie has recently been assessed as having "mild autistic symptoms." That's nothing to be alarmed about--basically, she has a speech delay and she gets really focused on what she's doing (and really irritated when she has to stop). She has already been receiving some services, and she's on the waiting list for a couple of preschool programs.
  • Wilder is wrapping up the year at Carmen B. Pingree preschool. He has completed the Level 1 attending program and--cross your fingers--appears to be getting the idea of toilet training! He will start preschool at Carmen B. Pingree this fall.
  • I am trying to figure out what I am going to do with Wilder for the next 8 weeks until kindergarten starts.
  • I am also working on a book for parents of children with developmental disorders. It's a survival guide to caring for yourself, your family, and your child. The outline in flux, but I am working on producing content and I'll fix up the shape later.
That's the short version. As part of my book effort, I'm going to try to write blog posts more often to help me generate content.

No comments: